Tuesday, November 11, 2014

So I've had little to no time to do actual work on the go kart so I've been drawing a rough sketch in the time that I do have. It's not perfect and will more than likely have many revisions and edits. For now it just gets me thinking about how I'm going to design it all. The only thing I don't think will change is the overall design of the frame because I have it shaped to fit the engine and transmission setup from the four wheeler. I also have the frame designed to fit the current suspension and steering for the kart, I might change the front shock mounting bars but it will still have the same general feel to it. I also will be talking to my mentor to see how much support steel framing I will have to have so it will be sturdy but not too heavy and sluggish. I want the kart to be safe and last long even if it goes through a little rough riding, but I still want to keep it relatively light so the engine and transmission can handle it and go decently fast. 

No comments:

Post a Comment