Sunday, November 23, 2014

I have chosen the steel I want to use. I have chosen to get structural square tubing, I chose square because it's a lot easier to cut and weld into structurally sound frames. It has 1 inch by 1 inch width and height and is 14 gauge, which one beam will hold up to 300 lbs, so my triangular frame will hold up just great. It comes in two twelve foot pieces for 25.71, I will need about five or six of them. which will cost a lot but is not too much, I plan on shopping around to see if I can get a better deal. Once I have the steel then I can transport everything to the shop and I can start design then after that I can start construction of the frame and fitting all the pieces together. I am excited to start with this phase and the final stretch is coming into view.
This is the sample picture for the steel I am currently planning on using.

No comments:

Post a Comment